Friday 9 January 2015

James' 21st

Hello my lovelies, hope you're all well.
 
Today I wanted to share with you a very special post featuring something I had been planning for nearly a year. Back in February 2014, I booked myself & James an over night stay on New Years Eve at Hotel Verta
 
As well as being New Years Day on the Thursday, the 1st January is also James' birthday & being his 21st & all I wanted to make it memorable. We headed up to London just after midday on the Wednesday & stopped for lunch at Nandos, before checking into our hotel at 4pm. Hotel Verta is located on the River Thames, 4 miles from the London Eye. I'd packed a picnic & some champagne for our evening meal & we sat in bed & watched Alan Carr until midnight, where we had the most fantastic view of firework displays over the Thames.
 
Nandos!

On the train to London & our room

Our view


Getting packed up on New Years Day

I insisted on wearing my hat. Biggest mistake. It was so windy I had to hang on to it the entire day..
 
Oh & the hotel has it's own helipad where we saw a helicopter land & re-fuel in the evening! We then headed home for more celebrations with the family & to eat a ton of cake & Chinese on New Years Day.
 
How did you celebrate New Years? : )
 


6 comments:

  1. sounded like a lovely birthday celebration! our new years was low key at home with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you saying this because I went to London on New Years' too to watch the fireworks! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes did you have a good time babe? x

      Delete
  3. What a lovely way to spend New Years and a such a wonderful surprise for your boyfriends 21st :) Looks like you had an amazing time! So in love with your hat too! El xxx

    www.elsfashionfix.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)