Friday 10 February 2017

The OA

Hello lovelies! 

James & I have recently finished watching a new series on Netflix, called The OA. Ok, so for people that know me, they were quite shocked I was actually watching this.. I'm usually a fan of anything comedy based, mixed in with a bit of romance & I'll occasionally stretch to a nature documentary (you can never go wrong with a bit of David Attenborough..) However, I saw on Twitter that The OA was trending a while ago & everyone was raving about it, so thought we'd give it a watch.

Link

I wanted to blog about it because it really is so different to anything I've ever watched before. So a bit of background; this is how IMDB describe the plot:

"Having gone missing seven years ago, the previously blind Prairie returns home, now in her 20s with her sight restored. While many believe she is a miracle, others worry that she could be dangerous."

So, a bit mysterious right? It doesn't actually tell you anything other than introduce you to the main character, Prairie & not much about the story. From reading that, we weren't sure if it was going to be her story from when she returned home or what happened to her over those 7 years. Without sharing any spoilers, series 1 takes you back over Prairie's life, including her childhood, the 7 years when she is missing & flashes back to the present day & how she fits back into the life she had before she went missing.

You're introduced to characters from her past & present & how she influences their lives. The two characters I warmed to the most were Homer (from her past) & Buck Vu (present) both were fantastic in their roles & also Abel Johnson played by Scott Wilson (Hershel from Walking Dead) & Dr. Hunter Hap played by Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter) were both brilliant.

So, overall, my thoughts on it. Well, I'm not really sure how to explain it really. But basically, it has you hooked from episode 1. You end up asking a thousand questions an episode, which never actually get answered. You're always thinking 'they'll explain that in a minute' but it never happens which is extremely frustrating, but weirdly addictive.

A lot of people have had mixed reviews on the final episode, which I can totally understand why that is. We never saw it coming & to me, it didn't really seem to fit in very well with the rest of the story. Series 2 is already on its way, so hopefully that will answer a few questions we have still, but going by series 1, it probably will just make us ask more..!

Have you watched The OA? What did you think?

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)