Friday 9 December 2011

London Adventures

Hey dolls, how are you all?

Firstly, what did you think of my gorgeous guest bloggers? Weren't they amazing? If you missed any of the posts from the past week, please please please go & have a read. On Saturday, Jen posted her Christmas wish list, quite a few items on there I really really want! Felicity posted on Monday about our gorgeous obsession we both share, Dachshunds! & finally Katie did a gorgeous introductory post on Wednesday. Make sure you read their posts & visit their blogs, you won't be disappointed. : )

Anyway, if you follow me on Twitter, you will have known I went to the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park on Wednesday! (Sorry I did post ALOT of "I'm excited" updates!) I met up with Gords in London (It's our half way point as he's still at uni) & we travelled on the underground to Hyde Park. Winter Wonderland has free entry but you pay for the activities that you want to do & obv any food & drink you want! So I thought I'd share some photos with you from our day.


This Santa was actually quite scary.. he was laughing around in his chair.. it was quite contagious, but still.. scary!


We went on the 'big wheel' to see the entire Winter Wonderland from up high. It was a cross between a big wheel & the London Eye. The little pods weren't as warm as we thought they were gonna be!


This was the view from up in the pod, looking over London. : )


Gords bought me some tea to warm me up. It was freeeeezing!


The Christmas market was adorable, even if it was expensive! They had tree decorations, homemade goodies & jewellery.


After the Winter Wonderland, we were trying to decide where to go & Gords mentioned the M&M Shop in Leicester Square. One of his friends at uni had suggested it when she heard we were going to London, so we hopped on the tube & explored. For those of you that haven't heard of / been to the M&M Shop, it's basically four floors of M&M chocolate & merchandise! Heaven. : )


This was the 'pic-a-mix' section. How awesome is this!? I did actually make Gords hold the bag under every tube & I tried to get two of each colour.. let's just say I got at least two of each colour.. they kind of all fell out as soon as you pulled the lever!


My selection of M&M's!


So next we ventured over to Covent Garden. I love this part of London, it's so gorgeous, especially at Christmas time. Just look at the beautiful decorations!




It was so nice to have a day like this before the mad rush of panto starting at work & before all the children broke up from school!

& it is now only a week till my boy is home for Christmas, yay! So excited.

But yeah, panto has started at work now! I did my first shift last night. I'm mostly selling the merchandise, (programs, flashing batons, wands, glasses, etc) but I am working on the box office too! We've got about forty shows in total, so from now till the 2nd Jan, it's gonna be non-stop!

Hope you're all well girls, chat to you soon!

14 comments:

  1. I really want to go! I haven't been to Hyde Park for aaaaages and this looks so fun, I'm not excited you tweeted a lot (:
    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun times! Although I don't quite get the M&Ms shop, I went there and it all seemed hideous and overpriced! :p Good luck working so many shows! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I got to go to Hyde Park this year, I have a few friends studying in London and they've all been tempting me with photos on FaceBook of Winter Wonderland!
    Must be really exciting to work the panto season, good luck with your shows! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your guest bloggers were lovely :)

    I wish I didn't live so far from London :( I really want to go to Winter Wonderland, it looks so good!

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @Francesss__

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with those london adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you !
    Ahh, this looks so nice, looks like you had fun !
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This literally looks like my perfect day, I dream of having a tree that big in my garden for Christmas haha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. that reindeer is so cool :D looks like you had a blast- so jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a lovely time babe! I'm so jealous, London looks sooooo nice at Christmas! Ace photos aswell, they've made me feel even more christmassy! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awh, looks like you had an amazing time in London! I love London! I went to the M&M shop in New York and had to leave after a few minutes, they were pumping the smell of chocolate into the shop - so sickly! The pick n mix did look amazing though! :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a fantastic day! I can't believe there is an M&M shop!!
    I came across your blog via your guest post on Pursuit Of Felicity. Your blog is super cute, i'm following!

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i adore everything christmas but that santa sure is creepy! ha
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the comment on my blog dear :)
    Looks like you had a great time at the London Winter Wonderland, I hope I get to go to it when I go back home for the holidays.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)