Friday 16 March 2012

Forever Love By Next

Every girl remembers their first perfume, right?
 
Mine was from Avon, in a tiny white plastic-looking tube, about 3 cm high. My mum gave it to me to try when we went out for a family meal one night. I remember it being so strong that I had to wash it off half way through the night as I was convinced people could smell it from the other side of the room & were looking at me funny! After that night, I tended to stick to body sprays for a while..
 
I always thought perfumes were just for posh nights out. Up to a couple of years ago, I would wear my trusty Impulse Body Sprays during the day & then splash out on a perfume if I was going to a posh meal or event. (Which happened once every couple of months). Now, I have a perfume for the daytime & one for evening wear.
 
Of course, finding the perfect perfume isn't an easy task. I remember going with my best friend to Boots, trying every scent on a tester & getting her to sniff them all to chose her favourite. Obviously a completely pointless exercise as she chose totally different ones to me..
 
I wanted to show you my new favourite daily perfume. I got a gift card for Christmas to spend at Next. I've bought perfumes from them previously & it's a bit mix & match. For a day time perfume, I don't tend to spend a great amount, (as long as it smells nice, doesn't matter how cheap it is) & Next perfumes are very reasonably priced.
 
So, here's the one I chose. It's called Forever Love.
 

Obviously, it is the smell that matters the most, (nobody gets to see the bottle when your wearing it) but I won't pick up a bottle to sniff it unless it has a girly, pretty edge. I absolutely love this bottle. How cute is the little heart, bow & shape?! Adorable.
 
Anyway, like I said, the most important part about a perfume is the smell. On the box, this is how it is described:
 
"A romantic floral fragrance with fruity top notes leading to a pretty floral heart of rose petals & magnolia with a white musk & amber base."
 

It is such a gorgeous sweet scent & not over-powering at all. If you love floral, sweet scents, you'll adore it.


It only costs £10 from Next, (you can view it or order it online here) they also do a smaller size bottle, but this is the large, holding 75ml. I think the smaller one retails at £6.


Do you have a favourite perfume? & wear different ones for day & night?

* Please note - I didn't get asked or paid for to write this review.

8 comments:

  1. it's been years since i've bought perfume. i've been using up body sprays that i've received as gifts over the years. there are so many to choose from these days, but i do like a light floral/fruity/fresh scent. i will keep this in mind when my sprays run out!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like much more of a perfume expert than me! I have a shelf of ones that I've been bought for my birthday and Christmas (I wouldn't know where to start if I bought one for myself!) and I tend to just pick up the one closest to me at the time and throw it on for any old occasion ;-). I do the same with make-up! This is why I'm not a beauty blogger! Hahaha. This one looks gorgeous though, I have a lovely perfume from Next! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh babe, bet you have some lovely hidden treasures on your shelf. :D xx

      Delete
  3. ooh the description sounds similar to the description of my daytime perfume too. I love floral fragrances with a mellow base :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so gorgeous aren't they? So effortlessly yummy. :D xx

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Next perfumes, I get them all the time! I love how they're nice and cheap but smell so nice and the bottles are always so cute. I'm using 'Just Pink' at the moment, I always get a bottle for Christmas! It's so nice! And I love 'Flowers' too, I got that for Christmas last year! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome aren't they. <3

      Such gorgeous smells & so cheap! You excited bout London babe? xxxxx

      Delete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)