Thursday 25 October 2012

Chocolate Mousse

Lately Matt has been treating me to alot of lovely dinners. (He seems to love cooking, I'm not complaining..!) so I thought I'd make my 'signature' pudding for him last week, chocolate mousse. I do know the recipe, but I always have this book on hand if I forget any details or what technique I'm supposed to use. It's a lovely chocolate recipe book by Kate Shirazi. 
 
What you'll need:
 
225g plain chocolate
4 large eggs
25g caster sugar
150ml whipping cream
 
 
Step 1: Melt your chocolate (I do this using a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water) & leave it to cool slightly. I also used two bowls to speed up the melting!
 
 
Step 2: Separate your egg yolks from your egg whites & beat the egg yolks.
 
 
Step 3: You'll then need to whisk in the chocolate a little bit at a time until it is combined with the egg yolk.
 
 
Step 4: Grab another bowl (or saucepan in my case!) & whisk the egg whites with the sugar until they form soft peaks.
 
 
Step 5: Whisk a third of the mixture into the chocolate mixture & then fold in the rest.
 
 
Step 6: Pour the cream into another bowl & whisk it until it forms soft peaks, then pour it into the chocolate mixture.
 
 
Step 7: Once everything has been mixed in, pour your mousse into your pots & put them into the fridge to set for at least an hour.
 
 
Step 8: Take them out about an hour before your going to serve them, this makes them taste even yummier!
 
*Extra tip! If you want to add a chocolate heart or any other shape on top of the mousse like I have, use the remaining melted chocolate (there's always some left at the bottom of the bowl) & draw your shape onto the mousse before popping it in the fridge*
 
 
& that's it! So simple to do lovelies! Let me know if you try this recipe! : )

11 comments:

  1. ahhh yum I so want some chocolate mousse now, this looks delish :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM you've inspired me- I'm going to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious. Definitely gonna try it :-)xx
    Shameta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate mousse is only of my favourite desserts to make, so quick and easy but always goes down well!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo this looks yummy! and so easy to do! :D

    http://sindy-ng.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)