Saturday 28 January 2017

A Cabin In The Woods

Hello lovelies,

For my birthday in the middle of January, James & I booked a night away in this beautiful cabin. I'd been desperate to go away since the end of last year & when I found this place, I knew it was the one!


I booked it through Airbnb, which I'd heard good reviews about from a friend who had used it last year to book some unique over night stays when they travelled around the country for their honeymoon. It takes a bit of sifting through the website (think of the sale rack in Primark..) but I really did stumble over a gem when I found this cabin!

The cabin we booked was in Pulborough, a large village about half an hours drive from our house. I didn't want to go too far, but also somewhere that I hadn't really had a chance to explore. To be honest, we could of been absolutely anywhere, the cabin itself is very secluded, down a track about a half mile of the main road.

When we arrived, it was around 3pm, so we quickly dumped our stuff & headed out for a walk while there was still some day light. James & Misty, who own the cabin, were in constant communication with us, so they knew exactly what time we were arriving. They left the heating on for our arrival, a personalised message on the chalk board in the main living space & we found a bottle of processo & chocolates in the kitchen! We were so surprised & slightly over-whelmed by how amazing everything was. 

They had also left a welcome guide, filled with lots of local walks. The cabin itself is on a bridle path, so it was well signed & we were able to navigate our way across some fields towards the local pub.

We headed home & cooked dinner & enjoyed a night infront of the tv on the sofa, lit up by fairy lights.










I can't stress to you enough how beautiful this cabin really is, the pictures don't do it justice. We had such an amazing stay, we're definitely thinking of booking it up again in the Spring.

2 comments:

  1. It looks so cute there oh my gosh! Love the fairy lights and that bathroom looks amazing.. I love booking with airbnb and finding little gems, destined to go to a Liverpool apartment next month :)

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh fabulous! I can't wait to read all about it :D xx

      Delete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)