Wednesday 26 September 2018

My Blog & I

Hello lovelies!


I started off my last blog post saying I was 'back from my blogging break'. I think it's been longer between that last post then the post before! It's not like I haven't wanted to sit down & type, in fact I've been desperate too, but every time I give myself an hour or so to sit down with my laptop, my mind goes blank. Don't get me wrong, I have so many blog post ideas, but getting them typed up at the moment is extremely hard. The most frustrating thing is, I don't know why! 

I know a lot has changed in the blogging community over the last few years. Everyone & their mum is talking about it.. but has it really changed that much? When did sitting down & typing what was on your mind so difficult? That is the question.

I understand it's different for everyone. We all go through different things in our lives at different times & that effects us in all kinds of ways. A life-changing event happened this Summer for me & it's been hard to focus on anything but that lately. (& sadly no, it wasn't a positive thing that happened, but our family is working through it together) One day I will talk about it when it isn't so fresh.

But still the question remains, when did something we love so much turn into something so negative? A fight for the most views on a post.. who can work with a brand first.. who's bought the latest Prada bag.. none of that used to matter. It simply was about sitting down & writing what you were loving, your 'outfit of the day' or where you went on an exciting day out. 

I think that's where my blog has struggled.

I'm not popular within the community.

I started my blog 7 & a half years ago.. There are people who have been blogging for 6 months & have more followers & brand deals than I'll ever have, but I truly believe that's because I'm true to myself & blog about things I want too & still keep my blog as a hobby. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure everyone is passionate about their writing & some people are so driven to make their blog their job, but I'm quite happy it taking a back seat. I've been publishing my 'Life Lately' posts since the start of my blog & treat it as more of an online diary. I'll be forever thankful I never gave up on blogging, because looking back over everything I've done over the years, it makes me so happy! All the ups & downs, past relationships, work & my life are documented on this tiny page on the internet. It's amazing.

I guess this post is a rant. Or maybe it's not. I'm not actually sure.

Maybe it's just me, sitting down, talking about what's on my mind. After all, isn't that what a blog should be, right?

I would love to know your thoughts! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)