Thursday 19 March 2015

Our Trip To Liverpool

Hello lovelies,
 
I mentioned in my previous "Life Lately" post that myself & James took a trip up to Liverpool to visit Anfield Stadium. My parent's bought James a legend tour around Anfield for Christmas & his 21st birthday back in January. He's supported Liverpool since he was little, but has never been to their home pitch. Until now.. : D
 
We headed up to Liverpool from Gloucestershire last Friday - we stayed in a local Travelodge, right next to a Toby Carvery. I've never eaten there before but was pleasantly surprised as they offer a roast for £5.99 through-out the day & an unlimited breakfast buffet in the morning for £3.99.
 
 
After breakfast, we rang for a taxi to take us to Anfield stadium ready for our tour with the legend, Phil Neal.
 
James was lucky enough to have a photo at the interview table & with the legendary sign that all the players touch before they head out onto the pitch. I'll never forget him saying to me as we walked down the stairs, that he felt all warm & tingly inside. Made my day!
 
 
We were then shown around the changing rooms & onto the pitch. Phil was so lovely the whole way round & was genuinely excited to tell us all his stories. He played 417 consecutive games for Liverpool & despite me not being into football, I could definitely appreciate his awesomeness!
 
 
After our tour, we headed back to our car before driving down to the Albert Docks for a quick bite to eat before heading back to Gloucester. We stopped at Costa for a tea & cake & had a wander down past some of the local shops.
 
 
Although it was a very overcast day, it was a pretty beautiful place. We heard music coming from The Cavern Club where The Beatles were first seen by Brain Epstein. We also discovered a cute (very expensive!) sweet shop filled with weird tasting jelly beans..
 
After that, we headed back to Gloucester & cooked steak & chips before collapsing in a tired heap! How was your weekend lovelies? Have you ever been to Liverpool, The Albert Docks or the Anfield Stadium?
 

11 comments:

  1. I have never been to a toby carvery before either actually but I probably will now large quantities of cheap but nice food is enticing hahah!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love it hunni! Amazing value for money xx :D

      Delete
  2. Oh nice!! perfect post.
    Kisses from Spain.
    Xoxo, P.

    My Showroom




    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up next to the ground but have never actually been in it. Might have to book a tour like this for myself and my boyfriend. They sound great! Looks like you had an amazing time :)
    Rebecca || Rebecca Marie | UK Lifestyle Blog
    Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was lovely babe, definitely worth going :) x

      Delete
  4. such a cute post!

    www.thewonderlanders.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, very good blog,
    my blog http://meleginhediyeleri.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)