Tuesday 30 August 2016

July & August Favourites


I lived in this when we were in Lanzarote, it was perfect for throwing over my bikini at breakfast time & creates that perfect 'I don't want to look like I've made an effort, I've just chucked this on' look. I paired it with denim shorts & it looked so cute.

Anyone else suffer from dry skin on their legs in the Summer? I do in the winter as well, but I've noticed it more this year as I've been on holiday & I've had my legs out a lot more (woohoo!) I just can't get over how delicious this lotion smells & it clears up any dry skin on my body.

I could seriously talk about this pillow & eye mask set all day, but I won't as I know how boring that would be! I can't imagine travelling any distance without them now, they really are ideal for a flight or long car journey. The pillow is easily blown up & can be stored away when you're not using it & hardly takes up any space in your bag.

& simply because I love the lotion so much, I picked up the body mist in the same scent. I already own the Zoella Blissful Mistful body mist & loved it, so thought I'd pick up one of her newer scents to add to my collection. What are your thoughts on Zoe's range?

Salad pot
Salads. You either love them or hate them. I used to hate them, up until a few years ago. I couldn't think of anything worse than eating a plate of lettuce, cucumber & tomato when there was a McDonalds down the road. I mean, they just taste so boring don't they? However, I have recently been preparing my lunches the day before work & found salads are one of the easiest, healthiest meals to make. I wanted to purchase a pot like this one for the longest time so I could easily transport & store it at work & when I caught a glimpse of this one in the window of Tiger, I knew I had to have it! It even comes with a pink fork & a small cup in the lid if you wanted to take dressing with you & for £3? You can't go wrong.

Now these I dig out every Summer as they are my perfect hack to keeping a drink cold, but not watering it down. Nobody wants watery wine! They come with water inside them & all you need to do is pop them into the freezer till they are frozen, pop them in your drink & just wash them before putting them back into the freezer again. These have lasted me the longest time & I can't recommend them enough.

Events

At the beginning of July I held my annual Summer BBQ, which as always, was so much fun. I bought a marquee & set up games which included football, cricket & badminton. We had the most beautiful sunny day!

At the end of July, Cathy & I went on holiday to Lanzarote for a week! I had such a lovely time & I've written a whole post about our hotel if you'd like a read.

August is one of the busiest months for birthdays in our group, so I'll give a quick recap. Mils had a lip sync party, we had a BBQ at Cathy's, Gail's was an evening of games & gossiping around her firepit, Lorna's we went to Drusillas (post coming soon) & finally Elisa's we went for a meal at our local curry house. All involved our big group getting together & catching up which is so lovely as we all have such busy lives & it is near impossible to get us all in one place at one time!

Oh & last Monday, Gem & Ollie announced they were pregnant! I seriously am so excited by the news, I can't wait to meet their little one! & of course, it means Lily will have a little friend in our group now! Ahhh, bring on March!

& finally, James & I went to visit Longleat last week. We stayed in a beautiful B'n'B for two nights & explored the local countryside as well as the animals on safari. I'm going to write a full post about our mini get-a-way so make sure you check that out next week : )

2 comments:

  1. I love the Zoella Beauty products! My favourite is the Soak Opera shower cream, it smells amazing :)x

    Anu♡ | Based On | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I never got round to trying that, I must give it a ago! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)