Tuesday 27 March 2018

Book Review - Three Amazing Things About You By Jill Mansell



"Hallie has a secret. She’s in love. He’s perfect for her in every way, but he’s seriously out of bounds. And her friends aren’t going to help her because what they do know is that Hallie doesn’t have long to live. Time is running out…

Flo has a dilemma. She really likes Zander. But his scary sister won’t be even faintly amused if she thinks Zander and Flo are becoming friends – let alone anything more.

Tasha has a problem. It’s not being nicknamed ‘Bin Girl’ because of an embarrassing incident with a credit card. It’s that her new boyfriend is the adventurous type. And she’s afraid one of his adventures will go badly wrong.

Three Amazing Things About You begins as Hallie goes on a journey. A donor has been found and she’s about to be given new lungs. But whose?"

---------------------------------------

I've been trying to write my review of this book for the longest time, but have no idea how to start it. How do you put into words how a few hundred pages can make you see a different side to life?

What I love most about this book, compared to the last one I read (The Fifth Letter By Nicola Moriarty) is that the characters are clearly introduced from the start. Even though you're following three completely different story lines, there wasn't a point in the book where I didn't know who was who or what was happening.

I absolutely loved all three of the stories, but Hallie's particularly touched my heart. I won't give anything away but, you find out towards the end how all their stories intertwine. Hallie is a similar age to me (late twenties) & it made me connect with her even more. She is fighting for her survival, needing lungs from a donor to keep her alive. She is the most amazing, positive character & that made me love her even more! Add in a bit of forbidden romance & I was hooked. Hallie's character honestly couldn't have been anymore likable.

You also get to meet Flo, another lovely character who falls in love with Zander, who has an extremely aggravating sister. What I love most about Jill's writing is she instantly brings you closer to the characters - whether you dislike them or not!

& finally, Tasha, who falls for Rory, the adventurous, adrenaline junky. I actually really liked this storyline as I completely felt for Tasha. Rory is such a strong character & I really related to her when she feared for his life doing some of the things he was doing. I absolutely hate anything remotely daring.. the idea of rock climbing or jumping out of a plane or even going on a ferris wheel is not my idea of fun! But I loved how they came together & became stronger because of it.

As always, I love Jill's writing. There's something so heart warming & beautiful about the characters she creates, you just can't help but love them! I have quite a few of her books on my shelf to read, so expect a few more reviews coming soon!

Overall Rating - 

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube / Bloglovin' / Pinterest / Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Oh babe this book sounds so wonderful and like something I would really enjoy. Thank you so much for sharing and making me aware of it, I'm gonna add it to my book read list 🌸✨

    With love, Alisha Valerie x | www.alishavalerie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)