Monday 9 July 2018

Book Review - The One We Fell In Love With By Paige Toon


"Phoebe is caught between a rock and a hard place. Settle down and get married, or return to the French Alps to pursue her passion?

Eliza is in love with someone who is no longer hers. In fact, he probably never was… And her dream of becoming a successful musician seems to be vanishing before her eyes.

Rose is out of a job and out of a boyfriend. To make matters worse, she’s been forced to move back in with her mother…

But these very different girls have one thing in common. Angus. The one they fell in love with…"

----------------------------

Ah this book.

I love writing reviews just as I finish a book so I can put everything I'm feeling down in words. Main point of this book; it surprised me.

I knew I would love it. Look at that front cover? It just screams rom-com but I never thought I'd be so attached to the characters, I really didn't want to finish reading it!

You're introduced to 3 triplets at the beginning of the story; Phoebe, Eliza & Rose, who couldn't be more different, but that's what makes the story so great.

I actually surprised myself & warmed to the character I thought was going to be my least favourite, Rose. She is the most adorable person, who I just wanted to be friends with immediately. Obviously they all have a bond with Angus but I read another review of this book & the person stated even though the title is 'The One We Fell In Love With', it really isn't that much about Angus. It's all about the sisterly bond & the relationships between the girls, which I loved.

People have mentioned online that there was a 'big twist' to the story & yes.. there was! A complete twist which surprised me so much, I had to go back & read a few pages again as I wasn't sure what I was reading! Sounds silly, but I can't really re-literate it as it'll totally give it away but I really wasn't expecting it.

I have to mention another character that becomes a main part of the story, who I warmed too immediately; Toby. I won't say anything else, but if you read this book, let me know what you thought of his character!

Overall I absolutely loved this book, it's been one of my favourites so far this year!

Have you read any of Paige Toon's books?

Overall rating -

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube / Bloglovin' / Pinterest / Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)