Wednesday 2 January 2019

2018

Every year I sit down & write a yearly update in January, around my birthday, but for some reason, this year seems a bit different. 

I've started this post a million times & all the different ways you can imagine, but the words just won't flow & they somehow feel wrong being typed.

It's hard to put into words & review a whole year isn't it? Because how can you chuck a mixture of ups & downs together & expect for the good or bad to outweigh the other? 2018 was truly full of highs & lows, but it had one extreme low which has ultimately made it one of the hardest years in my lifetime.

I struggled a lot this year with what direction I wanted to take in life. Life is too short right? Everyone says it & this year especially has just raced by. When certain things happen, it makes you realise you can't just sit about & let life pass you by, you have to take that leap, that jump & either fall or fly. 

I do completely get '2019' is just a date, but there's something about the New Year that makes you go "Right, I'm going to try this now" & that's where I'm at.

What I think I'm trying to say is, 2018 was incredibly hard. It showed me I could be strong when I really didn't believe I was. It proved to me that my friends & family are everything & that the people around us are what keep us going.

I just want to thank you, if you're reading this & have been there with me through everything this year. I couldn't have done it on my own. So thankyou, from the bottom of my heart & here's to a happy & healthy 2019.


1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! I'm sending you all of the happiness, luck and love for 2019 darling! πŸŒΈπŸ’œ

    With love, Alisha Valerie x | www.alishavalerie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)