Thursday 4 August 2016

Calm

What does the word Calm mean to you?


To me, when I'm calm, I'm relaxed. Which sadly, when I think about it, isn't that often.

I know there's a lot of people like me, who always find they are unable to switch off. I have no problems sleeping once I manage to get to sleep (luckily.. I'd be so grumpy if I did!) but I do struggle to feel relaxed in certain situations & dwell on things that "might" happen.

Since discovering this book, my life has drastically changed. When I first read about it, I didn't think it was possible for a book to help as much as it has done, but taking time out to read a few pages each night, makes me able to relax & feel a lot calmer on a daily basis.


What's great about this book is you can literally dip in & out of it whenever you feel you need too. There are different chapters to combat different areas of life, but I find myself just flicking to a page & reading whenever I need to de-stress.


There are also a few activities through out the book to complete (I'm one of those people though that won't write in it in case I ruin it!) but I have photocopied them & filled them in!


As well as the book, you can also download the free app & practice meditation. I've always been a bit sceptical of this, but after doing a few just before bed, I'm so impressed. Again, you can select what the main focus of the meditation is covering; relationships, stress, happiness etc. I can't begin to tell you how relaxed you feel even after a 10 minute session.

I even managed to get James to give mediation a try & he really enjoyed it. I would definitely advise trying it before you judge it.


"Modern life is hectic and relentless: trains delayed, endless emails filling the inbox, kids squabbling before bedtime… There has never been a more important time to rediscover your pause button. Calm is the book that will show you how to take back a little bit of peace, space and all-important calm. This book contains the simple tools, tricks and habits that will change the rest your life. It is a practical and pleasurable guide to twenty-first century mindfulness."

Have you had a chance to read Calm or downloaded the app?

I'd love to hear your thoughts : )

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great book and something I could really benefit from:') I've heard of the app so might have to download it :)


    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes do babe! It's so good & free to do the introduction :) xx

      Delete
  2. This sounds amazing babe! So happy to hear it's helped. I've seen and heard a lot of positive things about both the book and the app so to see all of your gorgeous photos and hear it's been a major positive for you makes me so happy :) Love the beautiful packaging and inside it looks so methodical and like it's namesake, calming, so I can totally believe the much-deserved hype. I have trouble sleeping sometimes due to worrying about the night terrors I am prone to getting, so will most definitely have to keep a look-out for this and invest <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh definitely pick up a copy if you can babe! I'm sure it would help with your sleeping! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I'm not a calm person, admittedly. I get very excited, very sad, very quirky but never 'emotional.' The book looks absolutely beautiful, I would love to try to get it. For meditation reasons and aesthetics to be honest hahaha <3

    xx   B A S H   |   go   say     H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it would benefit you too babe, depsite not being an emotional person :) Let me know if you do pick it up :) xx

      Delete
  4. This is really a lovely book, I really enjoyed reading it. I regret making the secret at the end, sometimes I feel like going back & read it again.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)