Sunday 21 August 2016

Lanzarote 2016

Hello lovelies!

I'm sitting here writing this with the wind howling outside, rain falling from the sky & I'm wrapped up in my fluffy dressing gown. Today is the 21st August. Welcome to the British Summer..

There has never been a better time to look back over my holiday photos & wish I was back in the sunshine with my best friend. At the end of July, Cathy & I headed to Lanzarote, for an all inclusive break at the Coronas Playa Hotel. I seriously can't rave about this hotel enough. Neither of us had been to the hotel before, but had both been to Lanzarote with family / partners in previous years so we know a bit about the island.


We had an afternoon flight out of Gatwick on 24th July, so we arrived at the hotel around 10.30pm. First impressions of our room was how spacious it was. We also had a private balcony, with tea & coffee facilities & a bathroom with a bath & shower.


We were too late for dinner that night, but they kindly left us a salad, bread rolls & cheese & biscuits in the fridge, along with a large bottle of water, so we were well looked after.

The next morning we headed down for our first breakfast, which was by far my favourite meal of the day at the hotel! They had so much choice; fruit, croissants, full English, pancakes, toast etc. Plus tea making facilities (which Cathy always made for me each morning!) We then had a welcome meeting, which involved meeting our reps. They were all amazing but big shout out to Louis & Naomi, who made our stay so much fun with all the fab entertainment! (I'll come onto that a bit later!)


The hotel has two pools; the first being a relaxing pool -


& second the activity pool -


What I loved about this hotel is you never felt pressured into taking part in any activity you didn't want to (which is what I was worried about!) Cathy loves the pool side sports & games, so I positioned myself next to the games on a sunbed so I could watch (& take sneaky photos!) while she played. It was perfect for both of us.


For lunch you could either have a snack from the pool side bar, usually a toasted sandwich or baguette with crisps, or head to the restaurant for a hot meal & access to the salad bar. Both were extremely delicious & some days we were more hungry than others so we'd venture to the restaurant, but it was nice to know the pool side bar was open 10-5 serving drinks & food all day.

Usually around 5, we'd head back to our room for a shower & nap before getting dressed up for dinner. The dress code for the evening was more formal & Cathy & I love an excuse to get dolled up..

 
After dinner, we headed to the entertainment bar. We took it in turns to buy a bingo card, but sadly we didn't win anything! There was also a different act each night. Two of our favourites included the comedian Jon Clegg & a group of extremely strong African dancers.


We were also lucky enough to be a stones throw away from the beach, which we explored one afternoon. Lanzarote is one of the windiest places I've ever been to so I apologise about the state of my hair..


Cathy's 25th birthday was 6th August & I'd been planning to get her something for ages & thought, why not get something while we're on holiday. As we both love animals, we decided to have a day out exploring the Rancho Texas Park, which was a short journey from our hotel. They have some beautiful animals there, one of our favourites was the white tiger, they have such stunning markings.





We saw a parrot, seal & eagle show while we were there, which I can't recommend enough. They also had water rides (if you have kids with you) but I have to say even we were tempted to go & paddle as it was so hot!

--------------------------

Ok, so after writing this post I've got a serious case of holiday blues. I miss the hotel, the staff & my best friend. It was one of the loveliest hotels I've been too & I'd highly recommend going if you like all inclusive holidays!

Have you ever been to Lanzarote? Or have any holidays coming up this year? I'd love to hear about your adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)