Thursday 11 May 2017

Life Lately #129


Hello lovelies!

Long time no speak!
I've had a few weeks off blogging & I have to say, I've loved it. James & I moved in together (a month ago in 2 days time! Crazy how fast the time goes..) & we have just been so busy with everything, I've hardly found the time to just sit down with my laptop & type. In the moments I have had spare, blogging has been the last thing on my mind if I'm honest. I've been out & about with friends & eating lots of yummy things as I'm sure you can see from this update! Anyway, I can't promise I'm going to post as often as I did before, but I really do want to keep up with blogging, but when it feels right to me. There's been too many moments recently where I've felt forced to post when I really haven't been feeling it & that to me is not what I want my little space on the internet to be about. Anyway! Let's look back over the past 2 weeks!

At the end of April, Gemma celebrated her 26th birthday! We went to a lovely Italian restaurant called Filippos. We had a lovely table upstairs with plenty of room (there was around 20 of us) & we were supplied with countless bottles of wine & food. I had the risotti el pollo for main & chocolate tarte for pudding & then we headed into town for more drinks. I wore my new favourite jumpsuit (the one from BooHoo I wore to Maria's hen do) & got so many people ask me about it. It's just the best. I've found I can eat a crazy amount of food & no one knows as it does a great job of hiding my food baby!

Last week I went to visit my mum & all the lambs that have recently been born. Just look at their adorable little faces! They are so tame, the mummies come up to you to be stroked (& obviously have a nosey around to check to see if you have some food!)

Aren't these flowers just beautiful? With moving into our new place, I never expected people to be so generous with gifts, but the amount of cards, flowers, alcohol & house-warming gifts we have received has been over-whelming, so thankyou all again! We've also had some people over for dinner; James' mum & Barrie came last week, along with our friends Boop & Seb & we have James' dad & Maria booked in for next Monday night. We aren't the best in the kitchen, but apart from a failed mushy risotto, we haven't done too badly! (Sorry Boop & Seb!)

Last weekend Char came home for brunch so we headed to one of our fav restaurants, Bills. It was so lovely to catch up with her & the girls & we even managed to squeeze in a visit to our new flat so Mils & Char could see it with a cup of tea & cookies (brunch pudding, that should totally be a thing right?)

On Monday I had my hair cut & I seriously love it! I had quite a lot chopped off but seeing as I hadn't had my hair cut since the end of December, it felt way overdue. I'm debating whether to have my balayage put back in, but not sure. I do love having a few blonde bits in my hair because I think it really brightens it up, but it just costs so much to do! I need to befriend a hair dresser..

& finally on Tuesday night, James' mum & Barrie treated us to dinner at Cote. We haven't eaten there for a while, so it was lovely to go & they have brought back my favourite pudding; the praline, salted caramel, banana crepe. Oh my lord, if you can, go try it. It's amazing.

Hope you're having a fab week so far lovelies! : ) 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on moving in together! I love seeing all the tiny lambs around at this time of year.

    Amy - http://amyevans.blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful family and yummy food.
    http://www.fashiontrends.pk/living-lifestyle/food/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)