Wednesday 27 June 2018

Book Review - Everything Everything By Nicola Yoon

Image result for everything everything
Google
Everything Everything

"Maddy is allergic to the world; stepping outside the sterile sanctuary of her home could kill her. But then Olly moves in next door. And just like that, Maddy realises there's more to life than just being alive. You only get one chance at first love. And Maddy is ready to risk everything, everything to see where it leads."

--------------------------

I had no idea I owned this book for the longest time. No seriously. It was only when the film was released earlier this year I suddenly twigged that I recognised the title. I was actually very intrigued by the storyline, so I raced to check if I still had the book (which I did) so I could read it before seeing the film. (Update; I've finished the book but haven't seen the film yet! Anyone know if it's on Netflix?)

Despite the storyline seeming quite unusual, I actually fell into Maddy's world quite quickly. I warmed to her almost immediately & truly felt her desperation to escape into the world, after being locked up for so many years. She has a condition that basically means she is allergic to the world. Everything has to be sterilised, people & objects before she can come in contact with them. It's quite an odd concept to get your head around at the beginning, but a few chapters in, it almost became normal.

I loved the relationship Maddy had with her nurse. Their bond made my heart melt. Olly however I didn't initially warm too. I don't want to give anything away, but towards the end I found I was disagreeing with his decisions & overall I wasn't 100% sold on their relationship.

I am still keen to see how they've done the film in relation to the book, but I won't be adding this one to my top 5 of the year, which I'm quite sad about as it sounded like a storyline I would have enjoyed.

Overall rating -

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube / Bloglovin' / Pinterest / Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)