Tuesday 12 June 2018

Book Review - A Walk In The Park By Jill Mansell


"It's been a while, but Lara Carson's back in Bath and lives are set to change as a result. Because Lara left her family and boyfriend Flynn eighteen years ago without a word to anyone. Why has no one heard from her since? Her childhood best friend Evie is thrilled Lara's back and able to share her happiness. Evie's about to walk down the aisle with her dream man, Joel. Or so she thinks... Then there's Flynn Erskine, even more attractive now and stunned to see Lara again. The spark between them is as strong as ever, but how's Flynn going to react when he discovers the secret she's been keeping from him? Oh yes, there's a lot of catching up to be done..."

--------------------------------------

I'm going to start with my absolute favourite thing about this book.. it's set in Bath. James & I visited bath at the end of 2016 & it became one of my all time favourite cities we'd explored to date. We are hoping to go back next month for the day on the way back from Bristol & I can't wait.

Jill has an amazing gift when she writes of transporting you to where ever she wants to take you. I could almost see myself in the city, walking around the gardens, taking in all it's beauty. As soon as I picked up this book, I was transported to the most lovely places & it therefore became a pleasure rather than a chore to read it.

Onto the characters. I loved Lara & Evie & following their friendship as they reminisced over the years. I also really liked Flynn's personality & found myself warming to him instantly.

I genuinly found myself laughing out loud in places & equally emotional in others. I've only ever cried once reading a book & I have to say, it almost became a second time!

I would highly reccomend giving this a read.

Overall rating -

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube / Bloglovin' / Pinterest / Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)