Friday 8 May 2015

Life Lately #77

 
Evening lovelies!
 
Aren't you just loving the Spring weather? Here in the UK it's been beautiful (minus a few rainy & blustery days) I've been making the most of it by pondering through the woods, taking endless photos of the flowers. You just have to, right?
 
My girl Charlotte came home for a few days last week, so we met up for lunch with our friend Mils. We went to our local pub, which serves the most lovely food & at a totally affordable price. All of us had the same; gammon, chips & peas.
 
It was Gemma's 24th birthday last week, so we hit the town wearing pretty dresses & drank outrageous cocktails. Was a lovely night catching up with everyone.
 
Unfortunately, I didn't get to have a '3 day weekend' like most people. I had work on Saturday & Sunday, but was off Monday. Myself, Cathy & Elisa hit the town for some serious shopping. We made a pit stop at Costa, where I re-discovered the lemon & raspberry sponge cake, along side a iced lemonade. So delicious.
 
After a 3 hour look around the shops, we headed back to Cathy's for dinner, which was garlic bread alongside pasta, with peas, sweetcorn, chicken, bacon & Philadelphia. A meal none of us had had since our holiday to the Isle Of White last year! The rest of our girl group joined us in the evening, for some games & tea drinking.
 
Also, I managed to squeeze in a pamper hour last week, where I ran the hottest bath & used a face mask. I always forget how happy I feel after taking time to myself, I really should try to do it at least once a week!
 
On a side note, I can't do this update post without mentioning voting in the election yesterday. I still hadn't really made up my mind completely but when I was given the paper & scanned down the list of names, I just put what I felt was right. It felt empowering & when I came out of the village hall, I felt a sense of pride that I'd taken part & voted. I did get to vote 5 years ago, but don't ever remember feeling this happy with making my voice heard.
 
How have you been lovelies?
What did you get up to over the bank holiday weekend?
 

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a lovely week - all the food sounds amazing! Shame you had to work most of the weekend but at least you managed to fit a pamper session in!

    Sinéad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had good weather at all, wishing for it to feel like spring! The food looks delicious, I love Philly pasta! Cocktails are always the best!

    Lucy x
    www.yellowicing.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh hope the sunshine comes your way soon babe! :) x

      Delete
  3. You always eat the nicest food I swear and one of my favourites is gammon and chips from the pub and now I am starving!!!!!!!!! It was my first time at voting and I was really nervous, I know I made the right choice but people were really getting heated on social media weren't they?!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely. It's sad because everyone has their own opinion, so people should respect that. And even if someone wanted too, we can't change the result now! Haha.
      Sorry I made you hungry! I always insist of taking pictures of my meals! xxxxx

      Delete
  4. So much tasty food! I'm practically drooling looking at those pictures!
    I have yet to vote-- mostly from laziness, but I really should. It's a citizens right. Great job :)

    I have to go make something to eat now!

    www.thethingislemons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sorry I made you hungry, I love taking pictures of food :) xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you've had a really nice week :) So much yummy food, it's making me hungry! And I love your hair, it's gorgeous! :)

    Carolyn x
    Carolyn’s Simple Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely week! I always enjoy catching up with friends and having a bit of a pamper. I know what you mean about voting too, it's so empowering! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)