Monday 15 August 2011

MUA Mini Haul

Afternooooon girls! : D

Thought I'd show you some of the recent cosmetic products I picked up from MUA recently. I used to be one of those people that thought because it's cheap, it's got to be rubbish, but after going into Superdrug one day, picking up a blusher from a cosmetic stand, seeing the price & digging in my purse to only find £1, I decided to give MUA a go. (I didn't really have much choice if I wanted to buy a blusher that day!)

So here are the products I got, 3 eye shadows, a blusher & a pressed powder. (total of £5!)

Shade 2 - Pearl

Shade 3 - Pearl

Shade 20 - Matt

Left to right - Shade 2 pearl, Shade 3 pearl, Shade 20 matt

When I go on nights out, I'm very into the 'smokey eye' look. In the day, I go for more neutral colours for eye shadows, usually a brown or a cream. But I love to make my eyes stand out at night with blacks, silvers & greys. These three colours I'll use together (starting from the corners of my eyes with the lighter colours & working my way out to the sides using the grey & black). If you'd like a tutorial on the way I do my 'smokey eye' look, let me know!



The blusher is just for an everyday look, just to highlight the cheekbones. I love blusher, I think it can really brighten up your face & make it almost more feminine.



The pressed power is just to go over my foundation. (I use a liquid one so it sets it & makes my face less shiny!)

I also bought three Pout Paints that I'll do a review on in the coming weeks. I've only worn the 'Pin Up' shade, which is a very dark red & I loved it but it totally shocked me how pigmented the colour actually is!

Sooo, I've got a pretty jam-packed week again. Work this afternoon / evening, same tomorrow in the day, off Wednesday (going shopping in Guildford to buy Pete a monkey onesie for the animal party we're going to on Saturday!) Thursday, Friday & Saturday daytime I have work, then Cathy & Mils' birthday party in the evening. I'm majorly excited about this, it's a fancy dress with the theme jungle & savanna. I'm going as a leopard, not the most original idea, but I bought a gorgeous leopard print dress the other day from Select, it's got a gorgeous peter pan collar & is really fitted. I would show you, but I'm 'show-casing' it on Saturday! I'm sure there will be tons of photos from the evening anyway!

Ahh yes! Last thing to say is, I'm still looking for guest bloggers to post while I'm away next month. If you want more details or are interested, read this post to get involved. : D

10 comments:

  1. I love MUA stuff too! so good for the price :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. MUA products are such great value and good quality :)
    Great haul!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love MUA stuff - I think they hold up really well against their more expensive counterparts. I love blusher too - but I think it's a rather forgotten about part of a girl's make up bag x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive never bought blusher in my life because im not prepared to pay money for one (i despise buying make up) BUT this is so cheap I will deffo go looking for one in superdrug!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. that fancy dress sounds brilliant, can't wait to see photos! and brilliant buys from MUA, I need to make a little trip to superdrug soon...!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive never tried MUA but heard lots of good things about it. Might have to give it a try!!

    Nats. xx

    http://xx-live-laugh-love-xx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried MUA but it looks amazing, especially the eyeshaddows, I'd love to see how you do your smokey eyes! Also, I'd love to guest post, but I'd have no idea what to write about!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. the mua eye shadows look awesome. bargain too! the trios will be really great for the smokey eye effect you're so right :) hahaha the onsie party sounds so fun! i really want to get a onsie costume but i've got no excuse :P xxx

    http://ronanronanronan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you !
    But who doesn't love the summer right ? (:
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice haul, i'm really liking mua products at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)