Wednesday 16 February 2011

The Wonders Of The Countryside

  It's beautiful weather today, the sun is out, birds are singing, it's just gorgeous. (Don't worry, I'm not about to burst into song!) Just taken my dogs out for a walk. They love this weather & hate the rain, so compared to yesterday, where I had to basically drag them outside, they happily bounced along today. We saw 7 buzzards, 4 deer, a fox & (so excited because they've come back again this year) 5 lapwings! They make the cutest noise, it's hard to describe, kind of like that electric noise you here on train tracks when a train passes through a station. I'm probably not explaining it very well, but its very cute! I'm absolutely in love with where I live (if you couldn't tell already!). I moved to the countryside about 6 years ago, with my parents, near to where our farm is. I've grown up with animals my entire life & I don't think I could imagine life without them. Apart from the usual house-hold pets, I've been lucky enough to have the typical farm animals too, such as chickens, cows, pheasants, peacocks, horses, etc. Because we live out in the countryside, we just have the adjoining house next door, but other than that, sheep are our nearest neighbours. No buses, no trains, just fields. It was really annoying getting around as I had to rely on my parents driving me places, but since I've learnt to drive, I've fallen in love with living here all over again. 

  So anyway, I thought I would post some pictures of my pets, so you can see how gorgeous they are.

Rosy & Emma - my first dogs. Both sadly are gone now, but they were lovely.
Harvey
  We got Harvey 2 years ago from a rescue centre, he came over from Ireland & is our family dog. His favourite thing in the world is running & chasing smaller animals (such as foxes, rabbits, squirrels, etc). He's just a huge softy really.

Honey - 8 weeks
Honey - 3/4 months ago
  This is my gorgeous Dachshund, Honey. She's the only dog we haven't rescued, I searched in rescue places & nobody seems to abandon this beautiful breed. You can see why though. I've had her just over a year now & she gets on so well with Harvey & my cat Strawberry. (Yes I know what your thinking, what the hell is your cat called Strawberry for!? I was 5 ok, I'll say no more!)

Strawberry
  & here's some fun ones & some I've taken of my other animals. Enjoy!

Strawberry & Honey - playing!
Max
One of our chicks from last year
Moon (on the left) & Jake (right) Jake is a girl :)
Honey & Harv
Oscar - he is my Auntie's dog, but this picture just makes me laugh. Especially with my nan in the background!
  Do you have any interesting 'out-of-the-ordinary' pets? : D

3 comments:

  1. I live out in the countryside too, well more Yorkshire Pennines so am used to farm animals and the quietness.
    We have a dog but tha's it, my boyfriend wants a snake, I said no way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A snake would scare me I think. :)

    Is your dog called Harvey too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you !
    The dogs are so cute ! (:
    btw, one of my best friends' name is Harvey !
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)