Friday 13 January 2012

Frontcover - Airkiss Palette

Now you all know I love my lippy & to be honest, I can't imagine going out now without wearing any. I started wearing lipstick everyday early last year & never looked back. I used to just wear it just on nights out & use a trusty lip gloss during the day. How things change.. ; )

 I think the right shade of lipstick can totally complete an outfit even if it's just a casual tea date with the girls. So here's my current favourite palette. : )


This palette was £10 from Boots. It was out before Christmas, so was originally £20, but I bought it in their half price sale. It is the perfect palette for someone who is new to wearing lipstick, as there is such a variety of colours to try, or someone who likes to wear a range of shades, like myself. The palette contains 20 lipsticks, meaning I paid 50p per lipstick & although they are only tiny, you don't need to apply a great amount.


I love the box it came in, so gorgeous. It also has some tips to try at the side, I've labelled them as you can't really read the text in this photo.

1. Try using two different lip colours on the top & bottom lips. This doesn't mean applying a nude & a red! Go for sutle colours that match well together. Think of a colour chart & only go for neighbouring shades.

2. Use a lip liner. As well as 20 lipsticks, you get a lip liner & a lip brush. Use the lip liner to create a guideline for when you apply your lipstick then use the brush to fill in your lips. The liner is great for giving your lips extra definition.

3. Blend colours. Similar to the first tip, use either two or three shades (again imagine the colour wheel) & blend them together, but instead of one colour on each lip, use the darkest shade in the centre of the top & bottom lip & slowly fade out using a lighter shade. The pinks & reds are great for this.

Right, so here is the palette & swatches:




L - R: Cats Nose, Chintz, Blossom, Violaceous, Hyacinth.



L - R: Net Curtain, Peach Puff, Miss Brown, Rhubard, Amaranthine.



L - R: Roseate Tern, Glow Worm, Roseceaous, Charred, Firework.



L - R: Pink Papaya, Arson, Liz Red, Santa, Red Cork.



Swatch of the Nude Lip Liner.

So, what do you think? Have any of you tried any other Frontcover make-up? : )

------------------------------------------------

This is a scheduled post, mainly because it is FRIDAY & my weekend of celebrations starts today! YAY, I'm soooo excited. Gords should be down this afternoon, then we're out for a meal tonight followed by a night out tomorrow with my friends. It's gonna be awesome. : ) I won't be posting over the weekend, but one of my best girls, Emily, will be guest posting on Monday, so please pop back & check that out. : ) See you when I'm 21!


11 comments:

  1. wow this looks brilliant! such a good idea, especially if you're not sure which colours suit your lips etc.!
    Happy Birthday! Hope you have a brilliant 21st weekend :)

    xxx

    Catflicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday for then!:)xxx
    I like the lilac colour lippy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so gutted I didn't get chance to pick this up. I'm pretty sure it's totally sold out at boots now. I love all the lilac tones! Hope you have a lovely birthday :D!!

    Love J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bargain, I've always wondered about the quality of the Frontcover products but they seem really good.

    Have a great birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. of course i adore this post because i love everything lipstick! this made me just want to go out and buy more though :)
    have fun celebrating for your birthday!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lipstick is totally one of my new years resolutions. Thanks for the rundown and giving me the confidence that maybe I can pull it off?

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg. I love lipstick. All of these pretty colors make me happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These lipsticks look great! I've only just heard about the half price sale in Boots, so i've missed it *sadface*. Great post :)
    Bex x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a massive lipstick wearer, although I really want a perfect bright red lipstick! This looks amazing, I can't believe it was only £10 too! Wish I could find this in Boots now ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got a Front Cover eyeshadow set a couple of years ago for Christmas and I still use it. Though that's probs totes gross aren't we supposed to stop using make up after a while haha x

    ReplyDelete
  11. £10 Bargain! I never really know if lipstick suits me cut I really love the pastel colours in your pictures xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)